Accelerate with StarterStudio
ideation stage accelerator
This is a three month program designed to take starters from idea to MVP. Starters will learn everything from business model designs to funding and building a team.
IDEATION STAGE ACCELERATOR
Ready to build your own business? Join the next group of startups in January
OVERVIEW – What does the IDEATION STAGE ACCELERATOR provide?
Do you have an idea for a tech-enabled business burning inside you? Great! You have found the right home where you can hothouse your new venture. Our Ideation Stage Accelerator propels founders like you from cocktail-napkin idea to a viable business model that you can take to market in just nine weeks. Our goal is to create an optimal environment for Starters at their earliest stages, break down impediments to building out an idea, and give you the education and tools to go further and farther than you could on your own. Starters progress through a tested curriculum covering everything from business models and intellectual property law to funding and building a team. You get access to our collaborative workspaces (and believe us, the potential collaborators abound), ongoing mentorship and preparation of the all important pitch deck you can use to present your new business to supporters, business and civic leaders, and maybe even a mom and dad. You can bet it is a competitive application process each of our classes. Check out our stats on the homepage to see how many startups we’ve helped, the jobs they are providing, and the funding they have garnered since graduation.
The Starter Studio Ideation Stage Accelerator is proud to offer the CO.STARTERSⓇ program being used by over 120 startup communities across the country. CO.STARTERS is a program that equips entrepreneurs of all kinds with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn ideas into action. Over the nine weeks, groups of 10-15 entrepreneurs meet together one evening a week for three hours, led by a facilitator. CO.STARTERS certified facilitators are experienced business owners from the community who guide participants through the program by asking the right questions, drawing on the knowledge in the room, and using the available resources and connections in the community to point participants in the right direction. In addition to exploring different topics each week, guest speakers are also brought in weekly to enrich the conversation and help participants learn from the experience of others in the community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AN ACCELERATOR
- Anyone who has a burning desire to create a new business and needs help in getting started. No previous experience or education required.
- Experienced business or technical people starting their “2nd Act” or “Encore”career
- Minority, women, veteren-owned businesses seeking additional guidance in building a sustainable business
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Discover whether your business idea has potential and what it will take to move it forward
- Receive support and advice from a community of peers, mentors, and business services help you deal with challenges during your startup and growth.
Estimated value of complimentary advice and counseling:
- Build greater confidence that you are approaching your startup the right way
- Learn a proven process for converting your ideas into a potential business
- Complete a business model that will assess the following:
- Desirability – Will prospective customers find your product/service meets their needs (solves their problem)
- Feasibility – Can you build your product/service to meet the needs of your customers
- Viability – Can you generate enough profit quickly enough to survive
- Develop an effective way to present (Pitch) your business idea to people who will support the building of your business
- Determine NEXT STEP – Move ahead, change direction (pivot), stop
Our startup community invests a great deal each year to continue to build a vibrant and effective ecosystem. In turn, we ask our Ideation Stage Accelerator participants to make an investment to demonstrate their commitment to the program. Participants can invest at two levels depending on their level of engagement with the Starter Studio shared work space.
The cost of the Ideation Stage Accelerator Program is $400 per team. All team members will have access to the following benefits:
- The complete, 9-week, Co.Starters curriculum
- Access to our valuable mentor network
- Community programming
- Access to our community space 12 days per month
- 2 hours of conference room usage per month
SEED STAGE ACCELERATOR
This is a six-month, part-time mentorship-led accelerator focused on early stage growth, capturing market share and getting tech companies investment-ready. The program culminates with a day-long Investor Showcase, drawing investors from across the Eastern seaboard and beyond. Seed Stage Accelerator was created to help young companies poised for a step-change in their growth to cross the perilous gap in funding often seen at this stage. Hint: many of the teams accepted in Seed Stage Accelerator started their startup journey in our Ideation Stage Accelerator program. Admittance to the program is highly competitive. Stay tuned for the Seed Cohort 5 application launch in Spring 2020!
Thank You to Our Major Sponsors for Their Generous Support